Welcome to our admissions page. We are so glad that you are interested in finding out more about the Harrisonville Christian School. Here at HCS, we are passionate about providing a safe place for students to receive an excellent education while being loved on and cared for by our highly qualified staff. Below, you will find important enrollment information and resources. If you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to contact our school office.
- Student must be completely potty trained
- Student must be three (3) years of age by August 1
- Immunization record must be current
- A copy of the birth certificate must be submitted
- Student must be five (5) years of age by August 1
- Student will be required to commit at the beginning of each semester attendance to either half or all day classes
- Student must be of suitable age for the grade assigned.
The Admissions Process
- Download, complete, and return the appropriate Application for Enrollment (Preschool Application or K-8 Application).
- Request for Records Transfer form, and Immunization card.
- Testing or previous year's test results (SAT's, Iowa Basics, or other standardized tests).
- Immunization record must be kept current & copy of a birth certificate must be submitted for new students.
- The student must be of suitable age for the grade assigned. Children entering Kindergarten must be five years old by August 1st.
- Parental interview with administration.
It is our desire to partner with all HCS families; therefore, all prospective parents or primary guardians are expected to attend an initial meeting with the HCS administration. It is essential that every family understands and clearly supports the school's mission, the Biblical standards of the school, and the code of conduct. For the student to be accepted and to remain with the school, the parents must demonstrate a commitment to uphold the school's standards before their child.
New Student Orientation
New students to HCS will have an orientation period the first six weeks of their attendance. Evaluations will be made weekly by the teacher to the principal. Parents will immediately be informed if a problem arises, and will be asked to attend a conference with the teacher and principal to discuss a plan of action.
Parents of students who are not admitted for any reason may appeal the decision by making a written request to the administrator who will take the request to the school board for disposition. Parents will be notified of the board's decision within three workdays.
Tuition Assistance Information
Tuition Assistance is based on funds available and is awarded to families who apply and qualify. To be considered a candidate for tuition assistance, a family must have at least one full-time K-8 student, timely payment of tuition is required, and students must remain in good academic and disciplinary standing. Parents apply for tuition assistance online through Confidential Financial Analysis (CFA) and a small processing fee is required. You can apply for tuition assistance by going to www.cfslogin.com. Our school's CFA number is 06499.
Contact us for more information regarding Tuition Assistance.